As an AASR member, you are able to connect with other members and take advantage of opportunities to publish and present your research. Members also have the opportunity to submit paper proposals for regional and international AASR conferences, meetings and panels.
Any scholar with suitable qualifications in the study of the religions of Africa and its diaspora, or in the study of other religions when appointed to an academic institution in Africa, may apply for membership with the AASR. Membership is open to scholars of religions working in the fields of African indigenous religions, Islam in Africa, African Christianity, new religious movements, and other religions with followers on the continent, such as Hinduism and Judaism, as well as in the religions of the African diaspora.
For more information about membership requirements, please consult the AASR Constitution, section 3.
To apply for membership, please send the following information to our Treasurer, Dr. Sara Fretheim (email@example.com) or click on the respective membership package below to register online:
- Last name, First name, Degree
- Current Academic Position/ Independent Scholar
- Departmental/ Institutional or other Address
- E-mail address(es) (institutional and/or private)
- Webpage (institutional and/or private)
- Academic training: which degrees did you earn, when, and where?
Information on new members will be published in the bi-annual AASR Bulletin.
Annual Membership Dues
AASR members are required to pay annual membership dues. Please click here to login and renewal.
The following payment options are available:
1. Directly through PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Through the AASR central bank account: African Association for the Study of Religions, Bank of Scotland Branch Code: 80-20-00 Account No. 00208442; BIC:BOFSGB21168; IBAN: GB05 BOFS 8020 0000 2084 42.
If you have any questions about the dues structure, or if you are having issues paying online or through the AASR central bank account, please contact email@example.com.