NASR 36th Annual Conference, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, 8-11 September: Call for Papers
NASR 2015 CONFERENCE INVITATION
NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF RELIGIONS (NASR)
This is to invite you to the 36TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE of the above named association slated between Tuesday, 8th September and Friday, 11th September at the Department of Religious Studies, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
The theme of the Conference is RELIGION AND DEMOCRATIC SUSTAINABILITY IN NIGERIA
The sub-themes are:
1. Christianity and democratic sustainability
2. Islam and democratic sustainability
3. African Traditional Religion and democratic sustainability
4. Theological issues in democratic system and values
5. Religion, ethnicity and democratic sustainability
6. Religion, gender and democratic sustainability
7. Religion and ethical principles of democratic sustainability
8. Religion, music and democratic sustainability
9. Religion, art and democratic sustainability
10. Religion, media and democratic sustainability
11. Religion, language, communication and democratic sustainability
12. Religion, ICTs and democratic sustainability
13. The religious role of the diaspora in democratic development and sustainability
14. Religious leaders and democratic sustainability
15. Religion, civil societies and democratic sustainability
16. Religious and theological imperatives for accountable governance
Abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 keywords arranged in alphabetical order, processed in Microsoft Word should be submitted to the Secretary, 2015 LOC NASR Conference: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 31st July, 2015.
Full length manuscripts should be sent to the same address not later than 31st August, 2015. Authors of papers should submit 15 copies of their papers typed in English language on arrival for the conference at the registration centre at the conference venue. All manuscripts must be typed in Times New Romans, font size 12, double spaced, Chicago Style of referencing (16th Edition) on A4 paper.
Formal Opening Ceremony will come up on Wednesday, 9th September, 2015 at 10:00 am
Keynote Speaker: Professor Dapo Asaju, Lagos State University (LASU), Lagos, Nigeria.
Lead paper presenters:
1. Professor (Mrs) Celestina O. Isiramen, Ambrose Ali University (AAU), Ekpoma, Nigeria
2. Professor Muibi O. Opeloye, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Nigeria
Chief Host: Professor Bamitale Omole, Vice Chancellor, OAU, Ile-Ile, Nigeria
Host: Dr. S.A. Owoeye, Acting Head, Department of Religious Studies, OAU, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
1. LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE (LOC)
Abiola A. Olaniyi, Secretary, LOC email@example.com +234 8023855215
Prof. M.O. Opeloye, Chairman, LOC firstname.lastname@example.org + 234 8033340495
2. NASR EXECUTIVE COMMITTE (EXCO)
Dr. Benson O. Igboin, General Secretary, NASR, email@example.com +234 8160220622
Dr. Musa O. Adeniyi, President, NASR, firstname.lastname@example.org +234 803 334 0495
Registration fee: N2000 (new members); Annual dues N2000; Conference fee: N6000; Postgraduate Students fee: N5000.