University Lectureship in Christianity in the Modern World (1.0 fte), Leiden University, The Netherlands
The Faculty of Humanities at Leiden University invites applications for a:
We welcome applications by scholars of religion whose work reflects sensitivity to historical and socio-cultural contexts and the ability to position Christianity in local and global configurations, with attention to its interactions with other cultures and communities. Appointment will be fixed-term from January 2015 through December 2016, with the possibility of extensions of up to four years, and of a permanent position thereafter. Leiden University is committed to diversity, inclusiveness, and equal opportunities.
Applications must be received by 1 September 2014. Campus interviews are tentatively planned for early October. Queries to Maghiel van Crevel (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to Ernestine van der Wall (email@example.com). Applications should be in English, and be submitted to the Christianity Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the items listed below included in this order in *one* PDF document named ‘FAMILY NAME – Given name – 14-200’
- A CV including education and employment history, publications, and courses taught;
- A letter of motivation including a personal vision of the study of religion, and specifically of Christianity in the modern world;
- A research agenda with clear potential for applications to funding bodies such as NWO and ERC (max 2 pages);
- A teaching statement (1 page);
- Two sample course descriptions;
- Names, positions and email addresses of three referees (no reference letters).